Car accident claims can be tricky. When you have been injured in a car accident, it is always best to reach out to a car accident lawyer as soon as you can. To make things a little bit easier, we have listed below specific common causes of car accidents that can cause catastrophic and non-catastrophic injuries. The injuries from automobile accidents include car, motorcycle, truck, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents.
- Fatal Accident: Thousands of people lose their loved ones in a deadly car accident each year. These accidents cause severe and have life-changing impacts on those who were involved in them. Families are left in a financial mess and have suffered the emotional consequences of a huge loss.
- Rear-end collisions: As the term suggests, it happens when a car strikes the car in front of it. The read end collision is common in heavy traffics, especially during rush hour. In such an incident, the hit vehicle can face significant damage to the back. Still, the passengers and drivers might also sustain injuries. In some cases, it could also involve other cars in front of the vehicle which has been hit, cascading into a pattern.
- Head-on collisions: In a head-on collision, a crash occurs when the vehicle’s front collides with another vehicle’s front end. A head-on collision usually takes place when one of the vehicles is driving in the wrong lane. These accidents typically have severe consequences and occur at high speeds. The driver and passengers who have been involved may suffer significant damage or even sudden death.
- Side impact T bone collision: In a side impact T bone collision, one vehicle strikes the other on the side. It usually strikes the other car at a 90-degree angle. This kind of accident usually takes place when the driver either runs a stop sign or a stoplight and heads towards the other car in a perpendicular fashion. Such an accident can cause serious injuries and even fatalities. There is very little protection on the doors and the side of the car, which could keep the passengers safe.
- Sideswipe Accident: A sideswipe accident occurs when two vehicles heading in the same direction come into contact with each other and crash. These accidents can also take place when the vehicle hits a pole or a sign. The severity of the accident is dependent on the speed.
- Intersection Accident: This type of accident occurs when the drive is trying to make a left turn. The other car is jumping a yellow light in the opposite direction. These accidents can be hazardous, especially if the vehicle on the left side lacks airbags.
- Turn Accident: Left and Right Turn accidents occur when the driver makes a turn, but the other driver on the road doesn’t give the right of way. Drivers who don’t provide the right of way are meant to be careful and turn only when there is plenty of room to turn safely.
What is your reaction?